There are now no male-clothes in any of my drawers. I've bagged up what there was of it and now it's sat in a corner.
I took some time to try on a couple of things to see what was salvageable, and have kept a pair of bondage pants, a jacket, and a coat, all of which, although sitting amongst the boy stuff, were actually unisex. I've kept a couple of t-shirts too, which have a little significance in that they are geeky t-shirts and are still good for sleeping in.
I'm very happy with this, although I'm not sure what to do with the resulting bag. It's sat in a corner now, but I want to move it, the question is whether or not it goes in the attic, just in case, or if I get rid of it entirely and say bye-bye.
I've been thinking a lot about letting the cat out of the bag and telling people I used to know en masse about the life I'm now living. I've been very close to getting my mum on the phone and saying something more than once in the last week. I'm also getting back in touch with people I used to be close to. I did have thoughts about how I'd be re-inserting myself back into their lives just to break the image they have of me. I wondered if I should just leave it be, but the way things broke down and the way I fell out of contact with them makes me feel like I need to re-introduce myself, even if it is to part company again.
It's been great being able to talk to my brother about things, he's been supportive and encouraging, especially in encouraging me to tell my mum. It's been great to talk to him, I feel really happy that he's been so nice about it all.
I've been very contemplative lately. I'm thinking about how I'm going to go about finding work again, has not been easy to think about though, I feel like I've hit a brick wall about it and don't feel like there's anything I can really do about it. I feel like the last month has hit me quite hard and taken me back a lot, even though I've been making lots of progress. Normality still eludes me though.
That's enough for now though...
No comments:
Post a Comment